ANGLICAN CHURCH OF AUSTRALIA
DIOCESE OF BRISBANE
SAFE MINISTRY POLICY STATEMENT
The Anglican Church of Australia is committed to the physical, emotional and spiritual welfare and safety of all people, particularly within its own community.
The Church will:
- carefully recruit and train its clergy and church workers;
- adopt and encourage safe ministry practices by its clergy and lay church workers;
- respond promptly to each concern raised about the behaviour of its clergy and lay church workers;
- offer pastoral support to any person who has suffered abuse;
- provide pastoral support to and supervision of any person who has been accused of abuse; and
- provide pastoral support to and supervision of any person known to have abused a child or other vulnerable person.
Anglican Church Diocese of Brisbane Safe Ministry Policy
Resolution of General Synod 2004
resolutions of Archbishop-in-Council 2005
Amended by Brisbane Synod 2007